We always come across updates about the carelessness of the firms in implementing essential security measures in the plant which is the most important reason for calamities in company space. No firm wants this to happen since it lands them into serious legal issues. Usually, accidents occur due to various mechanical, electrical, radiation and thermal processes. This not just impacts the normal proceedings of the company but also lowers its profits and obstructs its reputation in the market too.
So, plant risk assessment is quite essential to avoid the deaths of company workers and legal concerns. It is important for every working professional to provide a safe and secure working environment to employees along with their salaries and other perks.
How Do You Install The Plant Risk Assessment System In Your Business?
- The initial step begins with a visit of an assessor for inspecting the office premises and work culture and atmosphere. This inspection includes: listing the machinery and other equipment. This must be carried out with adequate care and the technical team will evaluate your machinery and make a comprehensive report around it. After this, you can make the desired changes as per the recommendations.
- The second step is to evaluate various parts and equipment being used in the plant and observe how they are used and for which purpose. Analyze their condition and it will help you to know if they are in working condition or not.
- The third step of plant risk assessment is to evaluate the safety rules and the company should maintain all the safety rules executed by the local municipal authority and government agencies. The evaluator needs to make sure that the safety guidelines are communicated to the whole workforce and they should maintain the safety regulations.
- The next step involves a comprehensive study of incidents that occurred in the past which caused serious injuries or deaths to find out the reason behind them. After finding out the reasons, the company can easily prevent these issues in the future and increase productivity without any risks.
- The last step is to prepare a complete report mentioning reasons for danger and necessary steps to avoid them. The controlling measures should be documented in the detail and then the plant owners can make necessary changes in their manufacturing units.
Incidents of Fatality and Accidents
In the previous 5 years at NSW, 10 workers have met with a fatality and around 2,000 workers were seriously injured in the incidents occurring at the mobile plant in various industries. In the time period of 6 months, the workers have been killed when attacked by the moving plant while a plant generator was killed at the time of the collision with the other mobile plant. Another operator got killed when he collided with a moving object within the plant area. These are some of the examples of mobile plant risk assessments to consider at the company premises.
Benefits of Plant Risk Assessment
- As there is no risk surrounding them while working, the workforce will work without any tension and with a positive attitude. A positive attitude will impact production in a positive way and the company will derive profits from it and they will have a pleasant environment with minimal risk of calamities.
- Reduction of accidents is the main aim of the company and plant risk assessment helps them to obtain this objective. The machines and equipment are adequately maintained reducing the possibility of accidents. This will make the employees’ tension free. Apart from that, the company can easily identify the potential issues of their machines and they can easily repair them to prevent any future problems.
- When an accident occurs, the company should fight legal battles with the families of injured or dead workers. The company needs to clarify the reasons for the safety department and if the safety department does not agree with the company then they will penalize the company with massive amounts.
A plant risk assessment is pretty much essential for any company to ensure the safety of the workers. This management not only protects the company from legal problems but the company can also increase its productivity by a giving safe and secure atmosphere for its employees.