If we were to discuss the top email client applications, Outlook first came to the forefront. It was developed by Microsoft, using which users can easily send and receive emails and effortlessly manage other tasks of daily life. In addition, Outlook users are concerned with a large volume of data which is difficult to manage.
Outlook users have many PST files and want to join them together. However, how do you combine PST files? It is the most important problem that comes up. In this blog post, you’ll be taught how to join Outlook PST files.
Why should you merge Outlook PST Files?
- Users would like to transfer the old version of PST files into a single PST file which can be used in the latest version of Outlook. To do this, they have to combine several PST files into one.
- The user wishes to transfer from Outlook to an alternative email client and store all the data in one PST file.
- Stop data corruption and loss.
- Enhance the performance of the Outlook application.
- Avoid having multiple Outlook inboxes or send items folders, and combine them into one folder.
How do I Combine PST Files into One? – Manual Solution
The manual procedure has two components; firstly, you need to create a blank PST file and transfer PSTs from an old one. Follow the steps below to follow the same procedure:
Part 1: Create a blank PST file
The first step is to create a new Outlook PST file by the following steps:
- Open the Outlook application and then go through “New Items”> Additional items>Outlook data file.
- Choose the location you would like to save a new PST file. Give it the file with a name after that Select “OK.”
Part 2: Import Old PST Files into a Newly Created PST File
- The next step is to move all of your previous Outlook PST data files into a new PST file to merge your Outlook PST files into one. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Select the File>>> Open and Export> Import/Export option
- The Import/Export wizard will be opened, and you can choose the ” Import from another program or file” option, then select Next.
- Choose an option from the Outlook Data File option and then click Next
- Click on the Browse button and choose the PST file you want to import.
- Select the option ” Do not import duplicates” to merge PST documents that are not duplicates
- Select the folder and check on the “ Include subfolders” and ” import items into the same folder” boxes.
- Select the “Finish” button.
Fast and Reliable solution to Combine PST Files into One
Outlook doesn’t have a built-in function that could be used to merge Outlook PST files. However, some indirect options are available to assist you in achieving the identical. However, the process is lengthy and requires expertise in the field. Manual tasks fail to merge several PST files. For a speedy and efficient process using PST Merge Software. PST Merge software is designed by SysTools. The tool is safe and provides a simple user interface for novice users.
The software allows users to join multiple PST files into one without having to worry about any error. It works with every version of Outlook, including Outlook 2019 2015, 2016, 2013, 2010, and others. The application has modern and innovative features that make it the most effective software available on the market. Let’s look at how it operates.
Why choose to use PST’s File Merge tool?
The software comes with a variety of options that users can utilize to join Outlook file data. These features include:
- Combine PST files to create one, including contacts, emails notes, calendars journals, tasks, and other files.
- The option to join PST files by creating a separate folder for PST files that are joined.
- Advanced merge option that allows you to combine similar folders into one One.
- Diverse merging options are available: in creating a new PST or existing PST and Outlook Profile.
- Works well with Outlook or even without Outlook installation.
- Option to delete duplicates from Outlook notes, emails, Calendar Contacts, notes, etc.
- Supports merging archives PST and password-protected active and network PST files.
Managing Outlook’s data is a vital task that can prevent problems with data corruption. Combining Outlook .pst files into one file is the most effective way to achieve this. This article will discuss the most efficient and effective method of combining PST files using manual and automated solutions. The manual approach is long and requires technical expertise to accomplish the task. Therefore, it is recommended to use an automated program to combine multiple PST files into one. You can test its free demo version, which lets you combine 50 emails items from the beginning in each folder in your PST file.