A Quick Guide to Recover Deleted Data From OST File
Everyone knows the pain of accidentally deleting the data that they never intended to. If you are also one of them who lost their important emails from the Outlook offline folder or emptied the deleted items folder by mistake. Then, don’t be disheartened! Read on and we’ll share with you the best techniques that gonna help you to recover deleted data from the OST file.
Microsoft Outlook stores a replica of mailbox data items such as emails, attachments, notes, tasks, calendars, etc on the local system. These local copies are referred to as OST or Offline Data File. Suppose someone unknowingly deletes the emails from the OST file itself. Or lost their mailbox data due to some virus & malware infection. Then, it becomes the most dreadful situation for users.
So, in this write-up, we are going to discuss the methods that can recover deleted emails from OST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
How to Recover Lost Data from Outlook OST File?
This is the first and foremost method that users can try to recover Outlook data files (.ost) that are got deleted by them. Go through the step-by-step instructions carefully:
- Open Control Panel and go to Mail.
- Select the email account from the list of configured accounts and click on the Change tab.
- Click on the Change Account Window>> More Settings option.
- Select the Advanced tab>> Unchecked the ‘Use Cached Exchange Mode’ option and click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Outlook Data File Settings button & select the Disable Offline Use button. Hit OK.
- Then, a message pop-out ‘Outlook will not be able to work with your OST file’, click on Yes to continue. This will redirect you to the More Settings window.
- Now, again choose the Outlook Data File Settings option. Activate the Browse tab and open an old offline data file. Hit OK.
- In Change Account Window, check to Use Cached Exchange Mode. Then, click on Next >>Finish.
- Open your Outlook account, here you will see a message that ‘Outlook is using an old copy of your OST’. Click OK.
Note: Once completion of the steps, you have to wait for some time to launch Outlook properly. After some time you will notice that all your lost emails get back in your Outlook .ost folder.
Drawbacks of Using Manual Method
There are some conditions where the above-mentioned method is not applicable. Let’s point them out.
- When the size of your offline files is very large then, in this case, the manual approach does not work for you.
- If your .ost files are severely corrupted and there is major corruption in the Outlook data file, especially in OST then the manual technique failed to rebuild the data.
Hence, to overcome these technical issues most experts choose the smart way to recover deleted files from Outlook OST. Read on the next section to get the automated solution for the same.
Get Professional Solution to Recover Deleted Data From OST File
Even if you tried the manual method to restore the data and failed to get the result. Then you must use the OST Repair Tool which is the best utility to recover deleted emails from OST files. This software not only retrieves the permanently deleted emails, contacts, tasks & other items from the OST file but also repairs the corrupt OST file.
The software has a quick and advanced scanning option in which you can do a deep analysis of OST data. Additionally, it will maintain OST email Meta properties like To, Bcc, Cc, sent date, etc.
Steps to Recover Deleted Data From OST File in 4 Simple Steps
This is the most strategic way to rebuild and restore the OST file data in a few minutes. You just need to download the software and follow these easy steps listed below:
- Install and run the OST Recovery Wizard on the Windows OS.
- Click on the Add File button to browse the OST file from their location.
- Select the Quick or Advance scan mode and start the scanning process. After the scan completes, you can preview the OST file data including the deleted ones.
- Now, save the recovered OST data into the desired file format.
Moreover, the software is compatible with every version of MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and so on.
A Final Note
When the Outlook users lost their data from the OST file and also cleaned their deleted items folder from Outlook. Then the most critical situation arises for them is how to recover deleted data from the OST file. So, in this blog, first, we have mentioned a manual trick to restore the deleted emails from the OST file. But if anyhow this trick doesn’t work for you, then you can switch to the 100% result-oriented tool. The OST file repair tool helps you to recover permanently deleted data from the Outlook data file(.ost) easily.
You May Also Like