PST, which stands for Personal Storage Table, is an Outlook data file. MS Outlook uses this file format to keep email, contacts, calendars, and tasks on your computer. POP accounts, for example, store user information in an Outlook data file (.pst). IMAP accounts in Outlook 2013 and earlier versions also use PST files. The Outlook PST file is used to backup important data. Apart from this, you can only access the PST file Outlook item on the computer where it was saved. Here we have listed effective Manual methods for you and a professional approach using the Outlook PST Repair tool. The tool is totally secure and highly suggested by experts in this field. But before that, let us know the reasons to repair PST file.
However, the file that contains the critical data for Outlook is repairing it can be a headache. Fortunately, there are multiple solutions available to assist in preserving the integrity of that data file. Outlook data items become unreachable due to corruption in the PST file
Reasons To Repair Corrupt PST File
The following reasons are given below to repair PST file:
PST is a delicate file. Any interruption in the resource when revising a file has the potential to corrupt it. Aside from this, there are multiple reasons for corrupted Outlook data files.
- Failure of the Network
- The Outlook was improperly closed.
- Virus Infection
- Unexpected Power Outage
- Inadequate hard drive sectors
- PST file of considerable size
- Failure of Software
Previously, we discussed various reasons to repair PST file. Now we’ll look at how to repair Outlook data files manually.
Manual Methods to Repair Outlook Data File
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of repairing the Outlook data file, which are listed below:-
- How To Repair Offline Outlook Data File
- How to Repair Outlook PST File Using SCANPST.EXE
- Repair PST file Without Scanpst Using Professional Software
Method 1: How To Repair Offline Outlook Data File
- First, Exit the Outlook email application.
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose Mail.
- After that, when the Mail Setup windows appear, choose Show Profiles from the drop-down menu.
- Next, pick the profile that is causing you problems. You might perceive it as Outlook by default.
- Click the Properties button as well.
- Select Email Account from the drop-down menu and select the Data Files tab.
- On the top menu bar, choose Open File Location.
- Then, hit Close on Account Settings, Mail Setup, and Mail
- Simply right-click on the .ost file that’s causing you problems and select the Delete tab.
- In the final, open Outlook on your desktop, and try to recreate the .ost file that you need to repair.
Earlier, We discussed the method of repairing offline Outlook data files. If this method does not work for some users, they should use a different way of repairing Outlook PST files using SCANPST.EXE.
Method 2: How to Repair Outlook PST File Using SCANPST.EXE
- First, Exit the MS Outlook.
- Go to one of the following locations to find the file:
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
3. Now, Open SCANPST.EXE.
4. Select the corrupted or damaged PST file using the Browse button.
5. After that, to begin the scanning process, press the Start button.
6. Next, if the scan reveals any errors, select the Repair button.
7. Click the OK button after the repair process is complete.
8. In the end, open Outlook with the profile from the PST file attached.
As above methods of repairing Outlook PST files using SCANPST.EXE are discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to repair PST files without Scanpst.
Limitations of Outlook Data File Corruption:
The following Limitations are given below for Outlook Data File Corruption:
- Finding diverse answers to different Outlook problems takes time and effort.
- It can take a long time to implement several strategies to cope with a huge PST file, such as splitting, compacting, and deleting duplicate data.
- In cases of extreme corruption, the tool may fail to repair the damaged PST file.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of Outlook Data File Corruption by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you above how to repair PST files without Scanpst. using third-party software.
Method 3: How to Repair PST file Without Scanpst Using Professional Software
Here are various methods to repair PST file, without any data loss. It works effectively and assists in avoiding corruption. And, if you are searching for a tool that works competently on your system, then third-party software is perfect. Using the third-party tool Outlook PST Repair Tool is the most profitable method. It is the best one-stop solution for accurate solutions.
In the end, as we tell you, there are multiple techniques to repair PST files. To resolve the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional ways. As we discussed, the first manual techniques with their limitations. After that, we presented an automated technique advised by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding How to repair PST file scan pst not working is fixed now.