Microsoft Outlook application uses two file OST and PST to save the mailbox data. OST File aka Offline storage table file is a file format to store the Exchange server mailbox data items. OST file is synchronized with MS Exchange server when the Outlook is reconnected with Exchange network. But sometimes due to some OST file issues the user has to face some this “Unable to Expand the Folder Error Message” Let us understand the situation query asked by the user.
There are many Outlook users who are facing this error. In case if you are also searching for the solution to this problem then this article is for you. So in this article, I am going to tell you the basic reasons for this error. And also the solution by using the manual and automated solution. So I will suggest you. Keep reading here…
Potential Reasons for Unable to Expand The Folder Error Message
The reasons for getting this error message means that there are some issues with your Outlook OST file. This OST file could not be able to get properly synchronized with the Exchange server. Here are several reasons for this error message:
Manual Solution to Resolve Unable to Expand the Folder Error Message
If you are getting this error then first quit a mail-enabled application that can use OST file. And try to resolve this issue by using the Inbox Repair Tool. Scanpst.exe is designed by Microsoft Outlook application. This utility can Scan and repair damaged OST file in Outlook 2010 and earlier versions. To repair OST file by using Manual method the user can refer to Repair OST file by using Scanpst.exe.
- In case if the user OST file is infected by a Virus or Malware.
- The user has to face this kind of situation if corruption occurs in Exchange server database.
- Due to Exchange server crash issue.
- In case deletion or removal of the mailbox from the Exchange Server.
Expert Solution to Resolve this Problem
If you have tried Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool) to resolve “unable to expand the folder error message” then I suggest you to use this OST Data Recovery software. Because the Inbox repair tool will solve only a minor level of corruption of OST file. So by using this software the user can easily the user can easily repair the OST file and allows the user to save the mailbox data in PST/ EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML. This OST file recovery software is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook.
Follow the steps to recover the data from OST file
- First Download and Install the software on your machine.
- After, click on Add file button to add the OST file.
- Now choose the Scan option either from Quick Scan and Advance Scan.
- Click on Add button to start the scanning process.
- Click on the export button and choose the file format as PST.
- Choose the destination location to save the resultant PST file.
Bringing It All Together
Sometimes the user
has to face Unable to expand the folder error message. This post shed
some light on this error message. We have discussed the reasons and
also the solution to this problem. In order to keep your data safe
then the user can try the OST recovery software to resolve this