Today, in the modern digital world Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients among various organizations and corporate users. Microsoft Outlook allows users for sending and receiving the emails, manage contacts, entries in the calendars and various other things to do. But, for countless years now the corporate organizations are making switch their email client to Microsoft Outlook. But still, there are a huge number of users who uses the Windows Live Mail email client and other email clients.
The file format supported by Windows Live Mail is EML. It is different from the file format used in Microsoft Outlook, that is, PST. But to access Windows Live Mail EML or in MS Outlook, the user must export the Windows Live Mail email files to Outlook PST. Then, in this blog post, we will discover the best methods on how to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST.
Reasons to Import / Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to PST File
- Microsoft Outlook is more than used from Windows Live Mail.
- Easy to manage data in Outlook as compared to WLM.
- Windows Live Mail is no longer compatible with the Windows operating system after Windows 7.
Manual Steps to Convert Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST
The steps to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST compatible with Outlook are the following:
- First, you have to open the Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail email clients respectively.
- Now on the main Windows Live Mail screen press on the File tab and then select Export and then on Export select the Email messages option.
- After that, select Microsoft Exchange and hit on the Next button.
- An Export message dialog box will now appear.
- After completing this, click on the OK tab.
- Now select all desired folders or all folders to proceed and then hit on the OK button.
- The wizard will begin the export process.
- Once the export process is finished, the message “Export complete” appears.
- Now finally click on the Finish button for ending the process.
After successfully completing all the above steps, now verify the exported data from Windows Live Mail in Microsoft Outlook. The users can also use the Import and Export wizard in Microsoft Outlook to import data from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook application.
Negative Aspects of Manual Method to Migrate Windows Live Mail to PST
The limitations of the manual method to import emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019:
- The large EML or EMLX file cannot be converted.
- Data can be easily lost at the time of the conversion process.
- It does not work converter data properly.
- Long and slow process.
Professional Solution to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019
Often, the manual focus may be too long and slow. Many seek alternative solutions to perform the manual procedure to easily transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019. Users find it irrelevant to go through the entire migration process compared to the new professional solutions available in the market. These are applications that successfully move WLM mailbox to PST in an easy and simple way. One of those tools is the Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter migration software. It is an efficient software for the import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST. You can also filter to mailbox folders for selective conversion that can save time.
- Convert Windows Live Mail Data in batches with attachments into PST.
- Selective conversion of Windows Live Mail folders is possible with the tool.
- Preserves the hierarchy of folders and the UNICODE PST generated.
- Import all Windows Live Mail files into a single PST.
- The installation of Outlook is not necessary to perform the Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019 conversion.
This is easy to operate with a single panel user interface for easy conversion of Windows Live Mail files to Outlook PST.
Microsoft Outlook is being used more and more frequently in organizations these days. Therefore, the user wants easy and simple ways to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST file. There are manual and automatic solutions to export mail data from Windows Live. But it is entirely up to the user what method he can use to convert or export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019, 2016, etc. In case if the user wants to save their time and effort, he needs to go with automated software.