PST File Splitter Software Review
The main concern for many Outlook users is the oversized Outlook PST file. As the size of the MS Outlook data file increases, it becomes vulnerable to corruption. In today’s scenario, the files are executed in Unicode format. It also becomes susceptible to corruption. The problem with large files is basically slow performance. To solve these issues, users need to split large Outlook PST files Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003. In this blog, we show you how to reduce the size of large PST files and share the 50 GB PST file.
“I’m having some issues with Outlook as it showing the error that is “PST file too large to open”. I noticed that the problem was created due to a very large PST file about 20 GB!. Always when I open the file, Outlook crashes. I was wondering if there is any tool that would shrink my large PST file. Thus, open the file for cleaning. Any help would be valued.”
Need To Split Large PST File of Microsoft Outlook
Here is listed some of the basic issues that require splitting a huge PST file.
- As the PST file approaches the limit, Outlook will slow down reasonably.
- Outlook does not allow users to save data to existing folders because the PST file has no or very little empty space.
- When these files reach their limit, users will not be able to access their Outlook data.
Due to the above mentioned issues, the user needs to split large Outlook PST files.
Manual Techniques to Split Outlook PST File
MS Outlook does not offer a directly integrated tool for the manual splitting of PST files. However, here are some methods you can use to manage oversized PST files in MS Outlook 2010.
Method 1: Move to Folder Option
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010 on your system
- Then go to File >> New >> Outlook Data File. The New Outlook Data File dialog box is displayed.
- Choose the PST file and press on the OK button.
- Another dialog box will pop up called Create Microsoft Personal Folder. Enter a name for this new PST file.
- Choose one or more folders to switch to this new PST file.
- Then go to the Edit menu and click the Go To Folder option.
- A new dialog box named Move Items appears. From there, hit the New tab.
- The Create New Folder window is displayed. Enter the name for this folder.
- In the Choose where you want to place the folder option, select the new PST file >> click OK
- Move to elements of the new PST file in the newly created folder. Then click OK.
Method 2: By Using Import and Export Options
- First, launch MS Outlook in your PC .
- From the menu, go to File, click Account Settings, and select Account Settings.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the [Data File] tab and click the [Add] button.
- In another dialog box, it is named Create or Open Outlook Data File. From here you can select the file name and location of the PST file.
- Hit OK for closing the account settings Window.
- Go to the [File] tab again and click [Open >> Import].
- The Import and Export Wizard is displayed. From there select the Export option and click the Next button.
- Select your PST file and click on the Next.
- Next, the folder extraction window appears. Select the folder or subfolder you want to export and press Next.
- Browse to the destination location and save and name your new PST file.
- Select any of the options below and click Finish.
- A new dialog box will pop up with the option to create a password for the new PST file. Click Cancel if you do not want to set the password.
- You have created a new PST file that you can view in Outlook 2010.
Method 3: Archive Way to Divide PST File in Outlook
- Start MS Outlook 2010 on your computer.
- Select the PST file whose data will be moved to the new PST file.
- Click the File tab and select Archive.
- This will bring up a dialog box. Check the option [Archive this folder and all subfolders].
- From the list, select all the folders you need to move.
- Here you will also see the option to archive old items. You can select any date from the calendar.
- Then browse and select a storage location >> Name the new PST file >> Click OK.
- A new PST file has been created in the right place
Negative Aspect of Manual Methods
There are many ways to split PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010. However, the practical approach is neither too simple nor too safe. Let’s check the disadvantages of manual approach.
- No Data Security guarantee
- Manual processes are time consuming.
- Manual processes require a lot of technical guidance.
- It is not easy to carry out the activity, you can lose command over the process at any time.
- The worst can happen in this process, you can lose all your data permanently, and it’s like a nightmare.
- Performing the manual activity is not easy, you can at any time lose command of the process.
Trouble-Free Way to Split Large PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
To escape all problems of the manual approach; the best choice is to use the Automated tool i.e., DotStella Split PST File Software. This reduces large Outlook PST file software has all the features a professional desires:
- Split PST into Smaller files in a quick manner
- Break corrupted or inaccessible Outlook PST files in smaller sizes
- Supported both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems
- Works on all edition of Microsoft Outlook and Windows
- The Outlook installation is not required to split PST file
The division of PST files plays an important role in some places in order to avoid damage to the PST file. This is an important process for professional and personal Outlook users. In today’s busy lifestyle, most people do not have time to do these long and complex processes on their own. Using Microsoft Outlook PST File Splitter, users need to know how to split large .pst files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 or more.