Chances are that you have already faced the issue of clogged drains before and got rid of the issue by calling a blocked drain cleaning expert. But there are a few tips and tricks that you can try on your own before you call for professional help. By this, you can save some money that you would have otherwise spent on plumbing services. The amount may be big or small, depending on the kind of work and on the service provider.
Some of the Tips to Take Care of the Related Issues are as the Following:
- The Bent Wire Hanger: Take any metal hanger, straighten it out and then make one end into a hook. Now, gently insert the hanger into the blocked drain and you should be able to fish out the yucky stuff. But this method is simple and quite effective for cleaning most of the blocked drains. This method is something that you must consider when unblocking your drains.
- The Fizz Action: This method is also quite effective. All you need is some baking soda and vinegar. Take 1/3rd cup of baking soda with 1/3rd cup of vinegar, mix both and it should start fizzing right away. Now, pour it down the pipes right away, the fizzing action effectively removes the dirt, hair, grime and other detritus clinging onto the sides of the drain. Alternatively, you can also put baking soda in powder form into the blocked drain and follow it with vinegar. The results are the same as in the first method. Both the methods are quite effective and efficient way to clean the drains.
- Wet and dry vacuum: If you have a wet and dry vacuum, then all you need to do is to stand over the blocked drain, seal the vents and set the vacuum to highest power rating and turn it on. Remember that you need to apply a tight seal against the opening of the drain before you turn on the vacuum. This can either dislodge the blocking materials or suck it right out of the drain. That’s yet another method that you can utilize to become a blocked drain cleaning expert.
- Boiling Water: This is one of the easiest ways to clean a blocked drain. All you need is a kettle and some water. Boil the water and then pour the boiling water into the drain slowly. Do it in multiple stages so that the resulting heat and steam has the chance to dislodge some of the materials from the drain. This way the stuck material can be removed completely.
- Caustic Soda: It is important that you use protective clothing and eyeglasses when handling caustic soda as they can cause chemical burns. Take a gallon or more of cold water and on adding three cups of caustic soda it should start fizzing. During this stage, it should be poured into the sink and this should, effectively, take care of the blocked drain. Once you have poured it in, wait for half an hour and then pour in boiling water. This should help to, effectively, clear the blocked drain.
These tips and techniques are sure to help unclog your drains effectively and in an efficient manner. Hence, you need not call any drain cleaning expert as well, since these methods are quite simple and tested. You do not even have to buy expensive products to carry out these methods.
Post Your Thoughts