We all know that a plumber fixes water pipe leaks, yet there is so much more than a qualified plumber is capable of, which we examine in this article.
- Appliance installation – Your local plumber can install a washing machine, a tumble dryer and a dishwasher. In the bathroom, the plumber can install a bath, shower and vanity unit. Some plumbers can supply kitchen and bathroom appliances, as well as install them.
- Blocked drains – In the event your drains are backed up, this is a job for a company offering emergency plumbing in Sydney that has the know-how and equipment to unblock any drain. Using a CCTV buggy, the plumber can view the inner pipe surfaces and locate the blockage in no time. Once the blockage has been cleared, the plumber power rinses the entire drainage system with high-pressure water, preventing future blockages.
- Leak detection – If you notice your water use is high, there is one way to determine if you have a leak; turn off all faucets and take a close look at the water meter; if it is moving, then you have a leak. The plumber has special equipment to pinpoint leaks, which saves having to dig up the garden and once located, the plumber can repair the pipe or insert a pipe liner.
- Gas fitting & repairs – Some plumbers are certified to work on gas heating systems; working with gas is dangerous and only certified tradesmen should carry out this type of work. The plumber can work with hot water systems, and gas stoves and can also install gas systems in new properties. If you are setting up a new business, here are a few tips to ensure success.
- Shower issues – Your local plumber can supply and install any brand of the shower, while he can also carry out any repairs that might be required. Installing toilets, baths and showers is all on the menu of a qualified plumber.
- Burst water pipe – In the event you experience a burst water pipe, you need to turn off the water supply as soon as possible. Clear the area of furniture and call an emergency plumber for a quick fix. Water causes damage to buildings and the sooner you call a plumber, the better.
- Drain inspection – If you live in an old property and you would like to know about the condition of the drainage system, your local plumber has CCTV buggies that run along the inside of the drainpipes to bring close-up images of the system. If a pipe collapses, it is necessary to find out exactly where the collapse occurred and the drain cam can be deployed.
- Pipe relining – When a section of pipe is in need of repair, rather than removing it, the plumber can insert a lining into the pipe, which does not require digging out the old pipe. The lining is carefully inserted inside the pipe, then inflated and the repair will last for many years.
How much does a plumber cost in Sydney?
When it comes to hiring a plumber in Sydney, the cost can vary depending on several factors. Plumbers charge for their services based on the complexity of the job, the time required to complete it, and additional materials or equipment needed. Here is a breakdown of the average costs associated with hiring a plumber in Sydney.
For minor plumbing repairs or tasks like fixing a leaky faucet or unclogging a drain, you can expect to pay around $80 to $120 per hour. These are generally straightforward jobs that can be completed relatively quickly, so the costs tend to be on the lower side.
More complex plumbing projects, such as installing a new plumbing system, repairing a burst pipe, or remodeling a bathroom, will naturally incur higher costs. The rates for these types of projects typically range between $120 and $180 per hour, considering the additional expertise, time, and materials involved.
In some cases, plumbers may also charge a call-out fee, which is a flat fee for coming to your location and assessing the problem. This fee can range from $50 to $100, depending on the plumber and the distance they have to travel.
It’s important to note that these prices are just averages, and individual plumbers may charge differently based on their experience, reputation, and other factors. Additionally, emergency plumbing services usually have higher rates, especially if you require assistance outside regular working hours.
To get an accurate estimate for your specific plumbing needs, it is recommended to contact several local plumbers and request quotes. Be sure to provide detailed information about the job to receive a more precise estimate.
Remember, while cost is an important consideration, hiring a licensed and insured plumber with a solid reputation is equally vital. This ensures that the job is done correctly, reducing the risk of future issues and potential damage to your property.
As you can see, your local plumbing company offers quite a few different services and next time you are in need of a plumber, Google is your best friend.
Tony lives and breathes SEO & Digital Marketing. Tony is always striving to find new ways to develop digital strategies and has keen interests in multiple industries and loves to create great content for readers across the globe.